Translate

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Cyclamen, my favourite plant, cheery and bright


I have fallen in love with this flower, Cyclamen since I had first met them in Thailand when I went to visit my cousin at her house five years ago, they were so very pretty flower for my opinion.  They were so very delightful and delicate.

Cyclamen is a small plant, when the entire plant has in flower, reaches only 8 inches high.  You can find florist cyclamen in shades of pink, red or white. Even this cyclamen’s foliage is attractive, often having silver marbling on the top sides of the leaves.

Base on my research, Cyclamen do not like heat, but they are not frost hardy. You should not care them to temperatures below 50 degrees F. So that you should avoid drafts as well as hot and dry air.  Cyclamen normally go dormant in the summer. They don’t like the lack of rain and excess heat, so they take a siesta. By April cyclamen will be getting tried and the leaves will begin to yellow and die. When they go fully dormant depends on their growing conditions. If they are houseplants and the heat is kept high, they’ll peter out more quickly. On the other hand, some don’t ever appear to go fully dormant.

I tried to care them when I lived in Melbourne, they seemed healthy and glorcious then I went back my homeland in Thailand for 4 weeks on April 2013.  After I were back to Melbourne with the good vacation, my favourite plant was started to tried and leave began to yellow and fully dormant, then dried out and die. 

I am not sure I could care again in Brisbane but I would love to try as I am really in love with them.

1 comment: